Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Full Moon Muddies Round 2

Not getting a lot of fishing in, but been having a good time of it with the mud crabs and prawns of late.
    Had planned all week to have 1 last crack at the muddies before winter, and the big tides / full moon this weekend looked perfect, only thing standing in the way was the weather forecast....

So after keeping a keen eye on the weather all day yesterday wondering what the hell it was going to do, eventually bit the bullet and loaded up the gear to crab the last few hours of the run in, and glad we did!
    Met my mate at the Clontarf ramp and Launched at 6.30pm in prety calm and very bright conditions under the moon and made our way up the creek to my little honey hole. Had the pots in the water by 7.30.

Things started off pretty slow with just one keeper on the first check, so we shifted them around a bit and then they started to pick up. Ended up with 16 quality muddies from a total of 30-40 crabs caught. Best ratio of keepers to throwbacks ever for me! Even better they all had their claws and legs for once

Also picked up 4 nice bream caught on some small banana prawns , we kept 3 and let 1 go.
    Water temp stayed around 16.5 - 17c so quite cool.Bait for the crabs was chicken necks and mullet pieces.
    Gave some crabs to dad and kept enough for 2 feeds.
    Cant wait to try my new chilli crab recipe tonight!!

cheers!
    Dean
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Jease thats a good aqmount of muddies mate well done
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff Deano, you are consistent I'll give you that. Hope the chilli crab works out for ya!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice muddies... if you need help critiquing the recipe.. just give me a holler... lol
    Ben..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you got a feed Dean not a bad creek that one

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

UBK haha no worries mate will do
    Shane ,, cheers yeah been going alright up there.. did i happen to mention how good the conditions were mate ???
    i would be just as happy with a good feed of tings too , good to see you found a few
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very Very nice mate, i have caught 13 muddies up here in the Bay & thrown 13 back...

baz