Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Couple Bream

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Couple Bream

Haven't specifically chased bream on plastics for years. These days its all lizard fishing. I've also been wanting to see how the new boat goes outside, and put some new marks on the sounder. Maybe get out to the Gneerings and up to Old Woman.

So a plan was hatched. Some light gear for the river and a bit heavier for outside. It was strange going back to no. 4 jigheads and 2" power hawgs.

Worked my way down the river flogging all the pontoons and dirty hulls. Fishing was quiet. Said G'day to Smithy who was with some clients in his little boat. Finally found a couple fish down towards the mouth. Nothing for the brag mat.

Headed out to the big wide blue - oops - where did this swell come from. Poked out a couple hundred metres but I hate it when the approching waves are higher than your head - and I was standing !!!

So back into the river. Bit of a fish on the way back to the ramp. Had a very short tussle with a decent trevor that spat the hook very shortly after belting it boatside.

Pleasant couple hours anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

On you Pete. No injuries?
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Pete. Humble bream are great fun!
    Ben..

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Pete
    Finally got one

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work mate, nothing wrong with bream. I never seem to be able to get them when I target them, but seem to get more targeting something else
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Good work mate, nothing wrong with bream. I never seem to be able to get them when I target them, but seem to get more targeting something else
    True that Ben,target something else and it's Bream city.

Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).