Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Goldcoast trip this morning.

Hello again, woke up and on the road at 4am this morning, headed to a mate from works place at broadbeach waters. On the water at 5: 30 and at his spot not long after in search of a jack, few casts and I spool my new baitcaster ( first time really using one ) and lewis (mate) got stuck in the tree, few minutes untanglig and retrieving the lure while trevally busted up behind us bot we were too occupied and they dissapeared not long after, almost free and a monster red shadow cruised by, a jack no smaller then 70cm id guess 80s and so red and amazing to see! Without a care in the world just cruising into the deeper water and gone before we could get a lure free. Annoying to watch with no chance of hooking it. Lewis managed a bream from the snag before trying a couple of other spots then onto surface breaming.

I manage a small flatty on the 4"swimmerz and then nothing so onto bream!

Lewis managed two bream on surface before I hooked up on Plastic but dropped it, I changed to the ghostwalker and soon after I had a big bream underneath before it hit the water, lands and boof but missed, a few around but the biggin just sat under it and as soon as I twitched it I was on, it was taking line and giving me grief on light gear but I managed to land it, only measured 33.5 but gee it looked and felt bigger, a few more landed then called it quits due to wind.

Still a bit of fun, beats sleeping!

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done mate, looks like there's some good fishing down the goldie lately
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

on ya Keegan was certainly a nice day today .. 80cm jack . Damn . Need the gt gear to stop that...that's my fav color swimmer at the moment but if your after jacks go a heavier jig head n hook
    Last edited by spaded; 20-10-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Was a sight for sure! Thanks mate im new to chasing em so not really sure on specific weights etc yet but this matched the swimmer pretty well I thought, and gone from reading others write ups etc.. what should I be using?

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a tt head hunter extremes with 3/8 jighead on a 3/0 xh hook .. If your specially targetting them
    This will handle everything from small to massive jacks , there ridicuously strong So you can put heaps off pressure on them