Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Bream fishing

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bream fishing

Gippsy got me keen with his last post.... Thanks mate. I started out with the plan to fish tiny lures for bream but something told me I had bigger fish to fry... The sounder.

I was marking a few fish, so fished a vibe and persisted to hook up to a good size barra. I had a suspicion it was big when she did a long speedy run into the current trying to cough the lure out on her way. The decent size was confirmed after a tail walk 50 meters out. I reeled her in and was feeling fairly confident but in the end she jumped again in I saw the lure shake out. Bummer I casted for quite a while longer for a flatty and 50cm Jew.

I starting searching for active fish and eventually found a pack of flathead. I pulled a 60, four 40's, two 30's and the big mumma in the photo prolly around 80. Which brings me to ask are they gathering for spawning? As these were caught in a 4 meter square in a 20 minute sesh.

I kept moving and saw some prawns ficking in open area and thought maybe small gt's but I pulled this threadie which was great fun on 4 pd braid.

Thats about it, I also caught the obligatory cod or ten, but not one bream. And that was my target species. Oh well next time
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff Wilson, going light is the secret, a top flathead too, flat ones should be on the way to spawning late winter early spring, and often big girls will an entourage of smaller boys with her, can't be to disappointed with out getting a breambo while threadfin, barra and honkin big flathead about, thumbs up
    As with real estate, Fishing is all about Location Location Location

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet session!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

That's how ya do it!! Well done

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

That good fishing on light stuff Wilson. Well done.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done mate - what depth were you fishing?

Lex

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a nice flattie, well done mate.
    Cheers,
    Doug.

4.2 metre Stessco Bass Tracker
    40hp Suzuki 4 stroke
    Minn Kota iPilot

Like to use Kingfisher lures or Predatek lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.