Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: just a quicky

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default just a quicky

Monday 28th and Tue 29th I hit the seaway around 8pm. I had mullet strips and herring on board and headed for the eddy.
    Monday I got one 70 odd cm jew and not another touch. tue night heaps of bait fish coming through with trevs not far behind, busting up every 10 or so minutes.
    Having a slab of mullet and a herring laying on the bottom and not much happening a put out a herring with no sinkers to float around to see if a trev would take it…while I was doing that the rod with the herring anchored on the bottom started the drag ticking over with a short run then stop….another short run then stop….Not thinking it was a jew I straight away started winding in the slack as he was heading back towards me…After 5 min I dragged a 6 foot shovel nose up a long side the boat…gave me a good work out but disappointing with the end result. After I sent him on his way I rebaited and had it back in position. 10min later the floating herring took off with a screaming run. I thought oh yer a good GT or BE but to my surprise another 70cm Jew appeared. After a quick pic he was sent back to grow some more…After sitting there for another hour and half I headed for home just as the sky started to lighten.
    I wont be back out till thur next week, my next days off.
    someone told me the other day that there are more important thing's in life than fishing, to which i replied..... what?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Those shovllies go hard hey
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Be a heap of fresh going out the seaway, they musta had lots of rain up the hinterland I think.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Dids most of the heavy rain was more on the coast. There's a bit washing down over the causeway at Nerang but no where near as bad as ive seen before.
    someone told me the other day that there are more important thing's in life than fishing, to which i replied..... what?

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Yair . . .

Those shovllies go hard hey

They eat pretty good too . . . fish of choice for battering at our place.

Cheers.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

The rivers are pretty brown upstream, but they are OK near the Broadwater Dids.

Wayno, I dont know how you fish that big eddy near Wavebreak, Ive always found the current too strong. You must use have the right touch mate.
    According to my chemistry teacher, alcohol IS a solution!