Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: slow day today

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Default slow day today

Have the dreaded leurgey but my brother was keen for a fish so this afternoon went out to try and snag some flatties, the tide was still rising and the wind was up a bit so fished a bank in the lee of an island, he managed to catch an old lost crab pot, cleared that and then within 10 mins my brother got a 52 cm flattie on a small pepper prawn minnow. We thought we're in today, unfortunately nothing more for the next hour until I managed a small flattie on my new ZMan, must find the packet so I can remember what it was. The lack of fish continued on, many changes of SPs and location and it wasn't till we were about to head off home when I snagged a 42 cm on what is fast becoming my favourite SP, a 4 inch Capuccino Nemesis, it was gently released for another day. We went home with my brother still reckoning that the worst day fishing still beat the best day at work.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Still better than work mate, least a couple came over the side
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you got out mate. I'm a bit perplexed about the lack of numbers this year. Hope it turns around soon.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Good to see you got out mate. I'm a bit perplexed about the lack of numbers this year. Hope it turns around soon.
    Practice Funchy, thats all you need, they will come son.

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Practice Funchy, thats all you need, they will come son.
    I suspect they have moved somewhere else for a holiday, as there was an old guy who regularly throws a cast net around the area to catch his fish, I spoke to him at the ramp and for 6 hours effort yesterday he got 1 whiting, 1 flathead, couple of mullet and a couple of bream which for him is a very poor return. I don't condone his form of fishing but it shows that for some reason the fish have moved elsewhere for the moment, also the extremely high low tide in the afternoon could have contributed to the low return. Luke the banks on the left as you enter were at 0.7m on the turn of low tide, higher than the last time we were there.