Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lake mac croc

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Baker View Post
    Well done Al.Great to see you getting onto a few.There are some big lizards in the lake.How big are the salmon you are catching? I reckon pound for pound they will out jump a barra and tow a barra all over the place.Unfortunately they don't grow as big.Catch one on 3kg line in the current in Swansea channel and you might agree.
    My gall bladder played up again the night before was to leave for sa,but I decided to push as our accomadation was already paid for.Three days of driving without any food and just sipping water.All good now.Catching a few squid,crabs and snapper.
    Cheers, Mick
    they aren't too big mick around 250 mm and a couple of tailor the same
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure they are salmon you are catching Al.I don't think I have ever seen a salmon that small outside of SA.They are usually 1.5 kg plus in the lake.
    Cheers, Mick
    aspire to inspire before you expire

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Baker View Post
    Are you sure they are salmon you are catching Al.I don't think I have ever seen a salmon that small outside of SA.They are usually 1.5 kg plus in the lake.
    Cheers, Mick
    I think they were mick they had no sharp teeth and small spots on there bodies

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by al49 View Post
    Sounds like my teenagers

great fish mate. Hopefully they will pick up around home here soon. Been very quiet since December.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Al. Great breeding girl that one.

From where you were (well based on the photo), did you try the drop off from the shallow bay on the left as you head out of the estuary? Caught some good lizards there and also in that bay. Also further out of the mouth and near the long point to the right as you head out, there is a marker on a shallow area about 4-500m from the point. It has a weedy bottom, but on the drop off from this to the deep, there are some good fish. Give me a call or message if you want to know more as I spent 30+years fishing that area.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Nice work Al. Great breeding girl that one.

From where you were (well based on the photo), did you try the drop off from the shallow bay on the left as you head out of the estuary? Caught some good lizards there and also in that bay. Also further out of the mouth and near the long point to the right as you head out, there is a marker on a shallow area about 4-500m from the point. It has a weedy bottom, but on the drop off from this to the deep, there are some good fish. Give me a call or message if you want to know more as I spent 30+years fishing that area.
    I w that first drop off the other day steve will try it next time would love to find the snapper that frequent the lake next

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by al49 View Post
    If you catch another one ,post a photo mate.
    aspire to inspire before you expire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12