Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like fun. Its somewhere I'd like to visit one day.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Love ya work Steve,its good to get right away. The fishing was still pretty damn good despite conditions. Great pics.

Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    Stanage bay ah the serenity your right even with the wind etc it's the seclusion from the hectic day to day of normal life . The one fish I hadn't got there was the one I was after the black Jew fish we'll done
    Nips, I was stoked to get one as, like you, hadnt before. Actually, I had never seen one in the flesh. They go hard with a few good runs, but fight clean.

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Geez mate sounds like a cracker. All that was missing was a coffee machine by the sounds
    Yeap, we had one of those too Chewy!!

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Great report steve glad you boys had a ball those pizzas look yum
    Those pizzas would have to be close to the best I have ever had. Epic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    Awesome Stevie and Mark, You had me at 12 hr Pulled Pork. !!…Oh and beer.. ..Nice fish…Good job..
    The guy who cooked them up ('Horse' on other forums) had only recently won the pork section of the National BBQ titles, so yeap, it was good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barramag View Post
    Love ya work Steve,its good to get right away. The fishing was still pretty damn good despite conditions. Great pics.

Paulo
    Paulo, the days we punched offshore, it was just shitty. I wouldnt have taken mine offshore, but the bigger boat do handle those conditions better. Even in them, it was a mongrel ride and if either skipper had made the decision to pull the pin, I couldnt blame them.

Steve
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Loving it, nice one bro
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip. Any more pics of that muddy claw, it looks huge!

Cheers,
    Roo.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah deep,water where ya found the jewy or ya could,get them close to boat ramp area
    Fishing bring it on no matter the type .

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

If there was wind then Hell's Gate through to the Sound would have made the eyes bulge a bit. Shortcut straight across from the ramp is OK(if u know where the little rockbars are there)

There are a couple of 60ft holes at the Gate for big jew but the slack water doesn't last long.

We've picked up big muddies scuttling along the road from the boat ramp to the creek on big tides. If there's been rain they get in the puddles in the wheel tracks and you can't see them. Dont just drive through them. Get out and look in every puddle. Keep that in mind on any return trip. We picked up a big jenny there at 225mm but had to let it go.

How far down the Sound did u go?

I've got some good google earth info on the Sound crabbing an fishing.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy98 View Post
    Sounds like a great trip. Any more pics of that muddy claw, it looks huge!

Cheers,
    Roo.
    That is the only one I have. There were a few that size but last year we got bigger ones. This year was fairly quiet for crabs.

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    Yeah deep,water where ya found the jewy or ya could,get them close to boat ramp area
    These were 25nm out from the ramp Nip. We did try an area in the sounds that had big shows but I got dusted on 80lb gear, so will need to try a different approach next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    If there was wind then Hell's Gate through to the Sound would have made the eyes bulge a bit. Shortcut straight across from the ramp is OK(if u know where the little rockbars are there)

There are a couple of 60ft holes at the Gate for big jew but the slack water doesn't last long.

We've picked up big muddies scuttling along the road from the boat ramp to the creek on big tides. If there's been rain they get in the puddles in the wheel tracks and you can't see them. Dont just drive through them. Get out and look in every puddle. Keep that in mind on any return trip. We picked up a big jenny there at 225mm but had to let it go.

How far down the Sound did u go?

I've got some good google earth info on the Sound crabbing an fishing.
    Douglas, we tried another hole up in the middle passage due to the conditions but got dusted. I know the hole you speak of across from the ramp. It looks great on a sounder as you go over it. I have found a few holes around the sound and would be keen to check them out more, but as you said, there is only a small window to fish them due to tides. We did crab well west in that system to the south at the end of the sound. Thanks for the heads up on the muddies. Whilst I enjoy a good feed of muddies, I do get sick of eating them after a few days (probably because I have a really good feed of them).

Steve
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12