Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Addicted to frog

Took the missus and tin lids away for a few days and there is a creek nearby. Just so happens that I had the rods in the car so went down for a look late in the day. Creek was really weedy so sub surface was out and poppers, etc were difficult requiring long and accurate casts. Set the kids and wife up with some little plastic bass size frogs weed less that they could flick around and I punched away with poppers. Third cast in missus gets a bow wave follow and then next cast gets a big Barra boof almost at her feet. Well that was it. Couldn't get her to leave. A progression of Bass, catties and the occasional Barra boofs/hits/rolls or bow waves had her wanting more. Kids had the same attention so three more surface frog addicts are created.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love the surface stuff. No better way to fish and watch it all unfold!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

frogs on surface is the best o reckon very addictive with those bow wave chases
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny thing was at the end the mossies were really bad (despite the bushmans) and the kids were wanting to go. I was ready too but she was "one more cast!" Not really played much with frogs before but will give them a run with the cod next month.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    " Not really played much with frogs before but will give them a run with the cod next month.
    Me too. Bring one for me !!

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Work Noted
    To the shed!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Me too. Bring one for me !!
    Green brown or red frog Pete