Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Day two of fishing, Thursday, TB gave me guiding responsibility so decided we'd head up river and we discovered some great rock bars but no fish. It was then we saw an old bloke who looked like he knew which way up was, so I instructed TB to draw along side and we "interviewed" him. He'd been retired and living at Baffle for fifteen years fishing at least twice a week. Apparently we'd been fishing all the right spots, with all the right techniques, the problem was the water. It's too clear, we need rain, he'd been fishing all morning and caught nothing. He'd been right up bottle creek the day before and caught a few Jack and Barra. We were instructed to travel up the creek till we find dirty water which is about the same place we'll proberbly hit the rocks. So back for bacon and eggs and rehydration till the afternoon session.
    Up Bottle Creek it was, a lon long way, and hit the rock bar we did. Did I say it was hot, it was. Don't know where the fish were but we must have missed something in the instructions. Not a bite, well except sand flies. TB doesn't react well to sand flies! We'd had enough, back for early hydration, and a talk about where we'd gone wrong. Apparently we need some rain to dirty things up and then they'll go ballistic. Will we get up early and go try the mouth for a few flathead, nuh. Let's sleep in and have breaky, pack up and get home at a civilised hour.
    So Friday we were out of there by 10am and home by 3. 1 small cod and nothing else.

great few days TB we'll smash em next timeimage.jpg