Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Few Sessions on the Sunny Coast

Hey guys,
    I never really post much on here so I thought I would change that by putting up a report from a few sessions I had this week.

On Tuesday I took the long train ride up to the Sunshine Coast from Brissie to meet up with a mate who was going to show me some spots that have been really firing for him lately.

We arrived at Spot X and the weather looked daunting. 20knt+ Winds and heavy cloud cover that looked as though were going to open up and give us a drenching. We rigged up and started fishing and within a few minutes my mate Will had hooked up to something solid. He was only fishing light (3lb FC Straight through) and the fish took off. After 5min of playing the fish we got it close enough to see that it was a nice size GT. Because of the spot we were fishing, it made things very hard when it came to landing fish. As will leaned over to try lift the fish, it took a last run and rubbed through the line on some rocks! That was the end of that fish, it now had a $20 lure on his mouth to remember us with.

We kept plugging away and both managed a few decent bream just under 30cm. Again, Will hooked up to something decent in very tight structure. The fish darting in and out, he did extremely well to keep connected on such light gear. After the short tussle and still uncertain what the fish was, Will got the fish to the surface to see a flash of red! JACK! I got down and landed the fish and we got a few pics and sent him on his way.

I still hadnt hooked anything decent and decided to have a cast with Wills rod to have a feel of his new reel. I cast out, 3 cranks into the retrieve and bang! I hooked up to something very decent and it went for a run taking 10m of line before throwing the hooks. BUGGER!

So back with my own rod and getting a few more bream and a small Jack on shallow diving Jackall Chubbys I switched to a SP to try and hook one of those big GTs. Long story short, I got it! I managed to land one while repidly retrieving the lure on the surface and it smashed it. A few pics of this one and like the others, he was set free. That was it for the day and we set off home to plan for the next days session.

The next day we had the same plan, except get there early and chase the trevally. I rigged up a 3inch Atomic Jerkshad and had 4lb leader on. Big mistake. In short time, I hooked up to 3 fish. First one burried me into the rocks very quickly, the next fish took a long run and busted me off on something. I thought I would change lure to a Chubby and try for some bream.. Another mistake. Of course the biggest GT had to come along and smash the chubby! Almost spooling me on the first run, it then went straight for a Jetty Pilon and the 4lb rubbed off on the pilon bye bye chubby.

We moved to another spot and got a few more bream, before we had to call it a day and head home.

Heres a few pics of the trip.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Nabs look like a couple of good sessions makes the train ride worthwhile
    Cheers Adrian

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Some wicked light line sessions there mate. Cheers for sharing.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Report Nabs,
    looks like you and your mate will be saving up for some more Jackalls, that Jack had great colours on him.

Dipster

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers for the comments guys.
    Dipster- Seeing a Jack coming up is an awesome site. That red really stands out in the sun.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nabs nice report mate and photo's - keepin comin.