Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Breaming At Ballina NSW

I have had some brilliant days on the water, fished Monday for 40 fish Tuesday for 60 fish had to work Wednesday bugger , but alls good back on water today at 6am, and 35 plus bream all above 30cm not any small ones, it was run-in tide 1.7mts a little South Wester 15/20kts made it hard to fish but fish all over the shop, just had to line up boat and set electric to handle shitty wind, all fish caught on Berkley Gulp products and TT jig heads 1/8th gram and VX40s and 35s and Kangooko Vibes, The Richmond River has just reopen after a major fish kill in January would have lose over 120 tons killed, if not more but river is bouncing back to it's former glory thank god, will be on water again tomorrow getting in all the practice ready for the Gamakgatsu Summer Series at the Clarence river Sunday but i will be down there Saturday pre-fishing here a few pics of fish
    cheers squidgie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

top stuff there squidgie ya done well mate
    cheers snaps

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

gotta be happy with the way the river has bounced back. good to hear.
    Cheers Roo.

P.s. those are some quality bream 'Sqiudge

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Squidgie,

Some solid fish there buddy. What sort of plastic was that you were using and how did you fish it?

Good luck with Gamakatsu Summer Series!!

Cheers - Ben

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Squidgie - Nice report mate and some great fish too, you have a few good size one's there.

That's a lot of fish caught in those few day's your been out mate, the river must be doing real well.

Good luck in the comp, don't forget to keep us posted.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guy's, yer there are a lot of fish around the lower end of river got amongst them today with Mick and we caught over 40 fish Profess (from site) and Dee also on the water but he's a flathead fisher and he didn't do as well, but Dee done very well with her PB 35cm, Mick and I hit water round 8am had bag in 10min (5 in live well, we ended up with 3.008kg bag) first 4 casts were fish no sooner hit water and was on best fishing yet (Mick still to land a fish at this stage all fish at this spot landed on lime tiger fry's), beats those hard in the office days on the water, fishing was ok while run-in but things slowed down duing run -out, plastic used were Gulp lime tiger fry's, gulp natuarl 6" worm (cut in half), gulp 3" lime tiger minnow, TT jig heads 1/8gm, fish were all up on wall feeding so had to toss into all the rocks (small retaining wall) and slow roll out lost heaps of gear, but if you don't lose gear you are not fishing for bream, hard body lures were working but only tiddlers smashing lures, biggest for day were 850gms, had some major smashups, but remember i'm only using 1lb Crystal Fireline and 4lb Rock leader.
    Didn't worry about pics today to bloody busy catching fish and thanks guy's hope to make Grand final just missed out on a spot last time as we came 6th and top 5 went through so last chance Sunday
    cheers squidgie

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

good one sqwuidgie hahaha..
    prof and i will be out there in the morn...im hanging to get amongst them..bloody work.. im using 3 lb crystal and i wish i would have gotten some 1 after what you told me today in the carpark of the shops... oh well we will know tomorrow morn.... its looking good again, not much wind and a nice rising tide...

cheers all

Maxi
    confirmed lure and tackle junkie......

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey squidgie, some good quantities of fish you getting there mate. You are a fan of Gulp I see, it's great stuff hey?!
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...