Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Ballina Session

Had another great day on the water with 30 fish caught was a very windy day South Easter blowing it's head off, had a hard time keeping in fish zone electric working over time did not start to fish till 7.am due to tides being wrong, fish have been going of on run-in tide then all quit run-out used Gulp Natural worms (cut in half) Lime Tiger Fry's and New Penny Shrimps TT jig heads 1/20 and 1/12- 1/8 all worked a treat, had not much luck at the Gamagatzu Summer Series came 14th with 5 fish for 2.201kgs, my boss won the event with 3.019kg and micjk the guy i fish with last Friday came second with 2.9kg, but he won overall points, and i came 5th overall got to be happy with that my first series and come 5th , fishing was bloody hard down there, prefish on Saturday got only 2 fish all day comp day first fish 10am then the next came pretty quick but we had one at 25cm and just could not up grade the bugger that cost us as not much between 4th and 14th just a few grams
    any shit happens and there is always next year but plan on doing some of the ABT rounds heres some pics from todays play and the areas i fished lost heaps of gear again bloody bait shop loves me

cheers squidgie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Squidgie - Well done on your results mate, it unreel how there is just a few gram's in between place's.

Nice fish to mate.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on an awesome fishing session! As for competition fishing there's nothing like it, the more you do the better!

CHeers
    Matt C

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Great result mate.

That rock bar looks real FISHY!
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Suidgee. How is the Richmond River these days, after the massive fish kill earlier this year? it seems to be fishing ok already.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sim yer river is in slow recovery but there is still a lot of the Black Death up river waiting on the next big down fall of rain and river will suffer again, tell you what a lot of farmers have a lot to answer for, flathead, bream whiting and of cause mud crabs are on the menu, i was going crabbing today but the bream call won so maybe tomorrow not sure if the trouble and strife will let me have 3 days in a row on the water but you never know, a lot of fish now have red spot which is a shame as we have been told to kill them, I'mof to a meeting tonight with Ken Thurlow from EcoFishers we have a lot of heavy hitters coming so hopefully we will get some answers and hopefully some money to put drum gates on all cane drains fingers crossed all works out

cheers squidgie
    Attached Images Attached Images