Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bel spanks Rock Cod on "Come in Spinner" Spinnerbaits

I took Princess Paul up to Corbetts Landing which is a river system that is north of Yeppoon, Byfield area.
    Paul was teaching me to use an overhead however when I landed this cod I was using my Simano Starlo Stix 4 -6 kg with 30 lbs braid with 40 lbs leader.
    We were driving along the mangrove edge, and watching bait fish jumping around as if something was chasing them.
    I cast into the mangroves, literally, Paul reckons that i am now the secretary of the Vertical Casting Club, with Camo being the President... hehehe and with my line still spooling I ended up with it around my head and shoulders, I looked back at Paul and wondered what the hell was going on. Paul was cracking up laughing and then helped me untangle myself. I then took up the slack from my wild cast and as I felt the tension from the spinnerbait, it went off !
    The fish fought nicely and I really enjoyed the thrill of bringing it in - nice fight !
    Paul and I were talking what must have occurred. Theory - As I didn't feel the fish strike the spinnerbait, we believe that when I cast into the mangroves and it fell into the water from the tree, the spinner fluttered down to the bottom of the estuary. The fish must have struck it as it was fluttering down and only realised that it was hooked when I took up the tension as it also set the hook.
    I really enjoyed the day, it was tops !! Can't wait to go out again !!

Bel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Bel!! Its great so see a few people got out fishing this weekend as this bloody wind is keep most of us land bound!!

Oh & also and my dad has always said if you don't get attached to the wood every now & then, your not getting the lure in far enough to where the fish will be

Nice work!!

T

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe, you make me chuckle Bel, nice capture!
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done and on that new orange colour. Hope paul showed you some of his tricks!

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Darryl, he did indeed show me some tricks, some I can't print...hahahhaha Anyhow, taking him out tomorrow to again upstage him in catching fish... will let you know the outcome, hopefully bag from Jacks and Barra on the spinners...

Bel

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha give him heaps i'm gunning for ya