Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Chaseing the Hairtail

Hello Ladies and gents. Well Saturday night 6/7/08 A mate and i went out chaseing the Hairtail in the hawkesbury river. We arrived in jewie bay around 5 pm Saturday. Droped the anchor and set our lines. Started with the berly. Know starts the waiting game. The night didnt start out to bad at all. With in an hr my line and reel goes into the spinning mode. Must admit love the sound off a reel takeing off. Over the last couple years ive learnt too fish light. Ive been useing a g loomis rod fitted with a light bait caster. After a short fight with the fish for 10 minutes was for me truely fun I pulled in a 620mm flathead on a 1/2 kg braid useing a gang 4/0. Love the flaties. Checked the line for any cuts or ware. Re baited the hook with a pilchard. Could beleive off goes my line again. fish must took about 200 yards off line. The head shacks was i thought it fely like a jewie. I turned the fish it it come back at me so i reel like made. to keep up with it. Fish stayed down deap Silly me gave it too much stick Busted me clean. Any way turned out a good nights fishing in total between the two off use we caught 4 fish each. Left just after midnight got to dame cold. No hairtail caught but was fun Thanks e1 and Happy hunting