Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the look of them Jacks, I wouldn't mind playing with one on the bream gear (and probably loosing).
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

hahaha they would be great to fish them with lite gear but you prob wouldn't land many hahaha

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Paul, Another great threat. I love the pic with the Jack and rod. These will make good viewing on our web site. It's always great to talk and learn from others and I always think that it is just as important to learn something fishing as to catching fish.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mr Spinner,

Well, you did say at the Sooty Comp you were going to go to NQ and catch some Jacks on Spinnerbaits - and you havent dissapointed.

That is great they are producing fish from a creek that has been heavily fished. There is a lot of those sort of creeks around that area. You should take a quick trip too:

- Upper Murray River (just near Tully) where there are some awesome weed beds and terrific jack and barra action.

OR

- North & South Johnstone River where you will get some great barra action, Sooty, JPS and Jacks.

Would be interesting to see how they would fish in these particular locations as I am sure ALOT of these rivers would have never seen a Spinnerbait before.

Cant wait to get to NQ and get stuck into some fish with you.

Cheers bud

Ben
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

thankyou very much ben...i will check those spots out and fish them nice and hard...i cant get enough hahahaha and it getting worse lol fishing is my wife hahaha...i cant wait for you to get up here mate,it will be great to go for a fish and a good laugh

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Paul. Good to see you still getting into a few fish. How are you enjoying life at Wongaling beach, I bet it is a change from Toowoomba. Mick

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice going on the jack there mate. Good to get a little mojo flowing. Nice simple design to your spinnerbaits: clip on spinnerbaits and the rubber skirts. Interested to see how they hold up in salt water, and heavy use.

Oh, and while sooties and jacks are similar in shape and appearance, also in their structure-oriented habitat preferences, they are not related.
    Ultralight RULES!!

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to have to give this jacks on spinner baits a go looks like fun

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

nice work.....first time i have seen redys get caught on spinners

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12