Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Some nice fish there. That was one fat bream you belly-hooked!
    We should catch up for a fish sometime.
    Echo1

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how i missed this thread, but it looks like you've been doing pretty well there Da_houghsta. What pound leader are you using around the pylons there?
    Just popped into campbells though and they're all out of the ecogear vx's so grabbed a couple of TT switblades instead, hope the bream don't mind.
    I think im all motivated again and I might have to go chase me a bream.

Cheers Nath
    It's not about the fish, it's about fishing!

Real men wear PINK!

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nath86 View Post
    Don't know how i missed this thread, but it looks like you've been doing pretty well there Da_houghsta. What pound leader are you using around the pylons there?
    Just popped into campbells though and they're all out of the ecogear vx's so grabbed a couple of TT switblades instead, hope the bream don't mind.
    I think im all motivated again and I might have to go chase me a bream.

Cheers Nath
    Thanks mate, I've been usually using just 4lb nitlon fluro leader, with 4lb nitlon pe braid, but sometimes i'll use 8lb leader if there are choppers around. I should probably use 8lb all the time - given how many lures I've lost there.

I'm gunna start to get the TT's as well a bit more now, the Ecogears are just too expensive to keep on losing. I don't think it should make too much difference :P, and I've heard many people say they prefer them.

and thanks echo1, yea I wouldn't mind catching up for a fish - always good to catch up with people from these forums , I was going to try and meet up with you and Pete wednesday, but I had my parents down.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Ben, Canning Bridge getting pretty busy hey??? Maybe we should not post our captures from there....lol.. Isn't it funny how people crowd and cast around you when you pull up fish, annoying! That's why I try and find places where there are no other fisho's around.

The belly on that bream is fat as!

I still have much more faith in the vx35's then the TT's, but same as you I am feeling the bite in my wallet.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adidaspeteman View Post
    Nice one Ben, Canning Bridge getting pretty busy hey??? Maybe we should not post our captures from there....lol.. Isn't it funny how people crowd and cast around you when you pull up fish, annoying! That's why I try and find places where there are no other fisho's around.

The belly on that bream is fat as!

I still have much more faith in the vx35's then the TT's, but same as you I am feeling the bite in my wallet.
    Yea it is, but I have the feeling its busy anyway - most are bait fisho's that look like they come all the time, even with crab scoops to scoop of an entire bucketful of mussels from the pylons.... sigh.

I used some TT's today with the last of my money (another week and a half till pay day now lol), but it was very very windy. Got 3 grunters on the Vault again, but decided to jig the TT's. had a monster hit that felt very heavy and snapped my line like it was nothing. I tied on a new one and got it snagged straight away. I was a bit frustrated and didn't really pay much attention and put too much muscle into trying to get it off, so the line snapped. I went home. lol.

I still prefer the VX's though myself...

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

I think with the warmer weather that some mulla will be hangin' around that bridge soon.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12