Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes dids I have been up that way and caught some stonkers, put in a solid wk around pacific creek area and id say your in with a very good chance, we do much better using live bait than lures up there but i got a 95cm barra on a lure once.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Pond donkeys? Go and get yourself a metre plus fish from a dam and then dismiss them. An airborn 15+kg fish gets the legs shaking a lot more than a scrawny estuary rat any day!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cabsav View Post
    Pond donkeys? Go and get yourself a metre plus fish from a dam and then dismiss them. An airborn 15+kg fish gets the legs shaking a lot more than a scrawny estuary rat any day!
    Sorry Cabsav, I've got nothing against pond donkeys, I just want to get a wild fish first, then I'll be after a pond fish. I've never caught a wild bass either,that's something else I'll put some time into one day. I've caught lots of pond Bass though. You got to admit there not quite the same, are they? Bit like going shooting for deer on a deer farm, maybe!

No offence! Dids

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

the silver salties upward of 80cm are insane fish, i wouldnt call them scrawny rats either, some are bloody solid, i have found the pond fish jump more but the speed of a good salty tends to be better, theres no prize for catching either whatever does it for ya, i still rate a good wild fish way above any captive

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Both salty barra and lake barra offer equal challenges in their own right. Both can frighten an angler on the strike, both grow large, and they can all jump, high and on multiple occassions.
    Check out some of these salties in the link. Lake fish are heavier built on average, but can be equal in some instances.
    From Hervey Bay north is your starting point for your own adventures, but be prepared to spend the time for your reward. Every creek system from there north to Cape York has barra.
    http://www.fishawoonga.com.au/saltwater.htm
    Cheers,
    Johnny Mitchell
    Last edited by Johnny Mitchell; 06-10-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mitchell View Post
    Both salty barra and lake barra offer equal challenges in their own right. Both can frighten an angler on the strike, both grow large, and they can all jump, high and on multiple occassions.
    Check out some of these salties in the link. Lake fish are heavier built on average, but can be equal in some instances.
    From Hervey Bay north is your starting point for your own adventures, but be prepared to spend the time for your reward. Every creek system from there north to Cape York has barra.
    http://www.fishawoonga.com.au/saltwater.htm
    Cheers,
    Johnny Mitchell
    Maybe I should come and see U after I get my salty Johnny!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Maybe I should come and see U after I get my salty Johnny!
    Oops, sorry Johnny, I see Barra Madness is a sponsor of AA so they have to get my business, unless your talking with Chewy. Let me know!

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not after business, my phone rings red hot as it is. I am just offering advice and inspiration with your salty attraction!
    Cheers, I hope you land your first salty ASAP.
    Johnny

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be putting the time in on the snags in the hole at the army boat ramp in Kauri Ck as the most southern spot they come from regularly. I know guys that seem to get one every May.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmm good old Fresh/Salthwater debate continues! I love it

I myself have caught 3 over the metre mark in the Salt & loved every single second of them but I'm yet to test the Impoundment big girls!! I get my chance this weekend down at Lake Awoonga so fingers crossed I can meet one of those big Fatty's that I'm so use to reading about

I watched Johnny's Awoonga's DVD Last Night & it definelty added to my excitement!!

At the end of the day, as long we are all out on the water doing what we love doing best (FISHING), thats all that matters!....Life would be so boring if we didnt have different opinions on things

So have you decided where your going DIDS????
    No excuse - Just get out there and live it !!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast