Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Gatakers Monday

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gatakers Monday

Went for a run out in Gatakers Bay on Monday.Real slow to early then after a quick run back to the Ramp to pick up the wife things picked up considerably.We got a variety of just under legal Coralies,a few small Bream,couple of Sand Bass,Stripeys.Then on about the last cast for the session along came tea,57cm Flattie YUM!! 3" Gulp Banana Prawn strikes again. Made it worthwhile,the weather was beautiful.
    Paulo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very pale looking Dusky, you can see he's come off the sand. Would have tasted good though.

I used to fish out of Gatakers a bit when the olds had property at Dundowran. Never caught a thing there, seemed to be a barren place, that's why we used to duck out to the Fairway Bouy for kingies, spaniards, spots, longies etc.
    How's the Fairway fishing these days?

Jeff.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they have moved it Jeff. Saw a Notice to Mariners about it or something the other day so might take a while for life to re-establish. A customer pulled a golden and a mack tuna off it at Easter. It still has its moments.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish paul..once again you looked like you picked a great day to hit the water. How is the ramp and car park now?? All finished??

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

They dragged the damaged one out and its being fixed up I believe.Theres still fish being caught up there but haven't seen any recent reports Jeff.As for being barren its certainly not that. Just have to pick the right time is all,the run out seems to be the best can get a variety of reef fish from snapper to coral trout,coral bream,and the mackeral turn up as well.
    Paulo.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Nice fish paul..once again you looked like you picked a great day to hit the water. How is the ramp and car park now?? All finished??
    Its pretty well finished Chewy,and yes it was a great morning weather wise.I put in just before high tide and that was interesting by myself the waves roll up the ramp a bit but theres beach there to leave the boat while you park the car plus they have rings set into the ramp to tie off onto.
    Flattie was beautiful,beer batter nice salad easy as..
    Paulo.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had good weather,and a nice flattie.