Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Last couple of windy wet weeks.

Spent a couple of days down at Sandon nth NSW and then a week up the Sunshine Coast. Sandon the weather was pretty bad and we had a tsunami warning waking us up at 3am on the last day . Anyway not much was happening in the eastury.. i got a 33cm luderick on hardbody and we just got plenty of small flathead and stuff but out on the rocks we slayed lots of choppers on slugs and both landed a GT each. Which I stupidly hooked mine on 4lb fireline, 20lb leader, 1-3kg rod and almost died trying to land it lol, it went super hard in the wash on the light gear. It was our first decant session off the rocks anyway.

The week at the sunny coast was also plauged with horrible weather and filthy waters. However I managed a couple of decant breaming sessions with a handfull of trevs thrown in for good measure. Best bream were 29Fork, 31Fork, 31Fork, and 33Fork which is a new best for me . The GT's were sweet really working out my new setup untill i had to sx40's snatched from me . Got six flathead as bycatch one session and a flounder aswell as quite a few average bream, and picked up a 31cm Bigeye.

On the last night of my trip i did a livie mission and lost a huge Giant Herring . Really did pull some serious line off my 2000 certate in a very short space of time before leader failure.

Anyway was a decant couple of trips. Time to start fishing the river for threadys and jew soon i think .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

No one seems to like small fish
    Blooded my new Luvias with a couple of fish yesterday.. with a little thready and a little Jew. Jew went really hard and is a new PB but only went 57cm.. on a 2inch atomic prong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice ones Pinkey, was that in the Brisy River?

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Any fish is a good fish Pinkey....Nice work, great to see you getting amongst them!!
    No excuse - Just get out there and live it !!

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. .. yeah last 2 fish were from the river. Main goal from now until it starts warming up again is a legal Jew landbased in the river.