Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I use the 3 red beads in the tail to keep the main treble in place. Have you guys seen that tip? and I add the false feelers on the nose hole too. it all helps to make look natural.

cheers
    Andrew
    I don't reckon you need beads at all personally. Sometimes, very occasionally, I do use 1 bead if I find the hooks sticking together, but certainly not 3.

3 beads would restrict your flick of the tail Andrew, as you have to be vigorous with your flicks of the rod to get the best out of the lure. I flick my prawnys hard as does Keith.
    With 3 beads in the tail it wont let you do that, but I've heard you are not a hard flicker of the prawny, so that might work ok for you.

I also use red nail polish to paint small sinkers and occasionally use that as a bead when current is super strong. Little bit of extra weight.

Other modifications I do is swapping the belly treble over to a size 4, 6X VMC whilst leaving the tail treble as is as most hookups are on the belly hook.

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    I don't reckon you need beads at all personally. Sometimes, very occasionally, I do use 1 bead if I find the hooks sticking together, but certainly not 3.

3 beads would restrict your flick of the tail Andrew, as you have to be vigorous with your flicks of the rod to get the best out of the lure. I flick my prawnys hard as does Keith.
    With 3 beads in the tail it wont let you do that, but I've heard you are not a hard flicker of the prawny, so that might work ok for you.

I also use red nail polish to paint small sinkers and occasionally use that as a bead when current is super strong. Little bit of extra weight.

Other modifications I do is swapping the belly treble over to a size 4, 6X VMC whilst leaving the tail treble as is as most hookups are on the belly hook.

good tips there jeffo, mod are always good , the one mod that i have found to work good on flatties, cut the tail of a prong and glue it to the p/s tail..i dont work em to hard, so a bit of tail vibration helps, especially on the drop..
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    There is a slight chance we might get Paul Signitzer the designer of Prawnstars along to the JO this year. It'd be great to talk with him.

dids i dont think paul designed anything if you check the IP its andrew

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    I also fish el natural a bit when its clear up there and do ok..
    jeez chewy, a bit too much info there mate

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    That's right Kev, they were invented, designed and first produced by the Fogarty brothers.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post

O' , I stand corrected. Haven't heard from U 4 a long time Kev, welcome back

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive been using 3 beads on the standard size model and it doesnt restrict the movement. Id only use 1 bead on the Junior size tho.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody know the whereabouts of Andrew Fogarty..Not sure how many know,but he is originally from Burrum heads..
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard Chewy, he had some involvement in some little country rock band from the US

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Its it true that if you put the prawnstar in a coffee mug with boiling water for a minute it softens it up a bit therefore giving it a better flick? I caught my first fish on a prawnstar the other weekend (last report) which would have been about 8-10 years old Kinda hooked on them now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast