Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    Well I'm back and have the weekend off, so what now? Old ground or new? Hinchinbrook would be awesome, but maybe somewhere new. Liverpool River (Cowley Beach) has caught my eye, and is only half the distance. I must consult the Gods. ie BOM website LOL.
    Cheers Dusty
    I might even try the inlet (which I hardly ever fish) tomorrow, but wanted to go out for trout. Winds are not kind until Monday/Tuesday. Thursday/Friday looks good except for the closure.

3Macks

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

How did everyone go? I had a quick sesh in the Pioneer. Too windy for out the front.
    Got a queenfish, shovelnose shark, stingray and a toadfish.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey mate,

Prossy river - brought home 5 good king, and 3 barra!
    Let go one king 63cm, 3 other under size, and 2 under size barra. Probably dropped 4 other fish, lost a really nice fish at the boat!
    Was an excellent day!
    Will post a pic or two in a few days when I get them off mates camera

On a side note, I ran into Matt (Predator) up at Prossy river, and said howdy. Nice bloke!

Macca

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

cheers macca
    as you know i fished lures only mainly flicking at the snags and to a muddy shallow bank on the incoming. pulled the hooks on two barra had three side swipes and landed some under size kings of the mud bank. just wasn,t my day in the end they where teasing me good and propper, its all still fun. nice to meet you macca.
    cheers matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Liverpool Ck

Well just didn't have the energy to drive down to Hinchinbrook for the day, so tried a new spot. The locals call it Liverpool Creek but google maps has it as Cowley Creek. As that name implies it's at the southern end of Cowley Beach. Headed off around 5am to get to the ramp ( if you can call it that) before the tide got to low. Don't have a 4wd and didn't want to push my luck. Anyway, it's only a small creek but is feed by fresh water al year round like most creeks up this way. The plan was to chuck lures around and maybe troll the deeper sections. Well those deeper sections barely made 4 mtrs so all the 20'+ lures stayed in the box! Slow day but did get a couple. Biggest Barra went 57cm, so no feed for the last day of the season. Tally for the day was four barra, a Jack and a Jungle Perch. Two of the Barra were caught by my youngest son on his brand new combo he bought a week ago for his birthday, very happy little man! Anyway great little creek and will definately be back.

P.S. Yes that is the smallest lure caught barra I have ever managed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

awsome guys, I have to get up that way soon

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

great shots Dusty, you blokes are lucky to have that on your door step.
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Thnx for the report Dusty......Got real homesick when I saw the piccies....Thats one of my old stamping grounds, Born in Innisfail and worked in the Fire and Ambulance service.....Locals know it as Liverpool Creek with Cowley Creek down towards the coast......Great Barra spot over the years and home to Crocs, so don't be tempted to go for a swim.......It is a beautiful part of the country....Good fishing in the future too you and the kids.
    Good Fishing.... Good Mates.... Good Food.... BARGAIN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12