Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    onya gunna, always good to get the bloke that first took ya fishin , out on the water again....good stuff...
    that would be me in that spot deano but i wasn;t there lol

well done pete glad the plan fell into place did you get him pumping yabbies as well if not i think i will sit and watch you do it in the boat next time we are out and you can tie my hooks as well.

are we on for the weekend or what

shane

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    that would be me in that spot deano but i wasn;t there lol

well done pete glad the plan fell into place did you get him pumping yabbies as well if not i think i will sit and watch you do it in the boat next time we are out and you can tie my hooks as well.

are we on for the weekend or what

shane
    Looks good Shane. I will call tomorrow.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good onya pete, hope my kids do the same for me. Can't see it though, they take any good gear now and say "oh you can use that old crap rod and reel" . What will they do when I'm really old?
    3Macks

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Spot on Deano. I was rigging new hooks for him whenever we had a undersize fish swallow the bait or a ray take it (went through about 15 hooks !!). I'd hand him my rod, rerig his, bait it, cast it and hand it back. As I said to him - he did it for me plenty of times 50 odd years ago. It was nice to pay it back.
    same here pete, the old boy still brings up this one moment that i will never forget, we were fishing in this narrow creek in a broken hill (vic)park called zumstiens.....yabbies for bait (freshwater)...cut it short, this brown trout took off with this yab, and i still remember the ole mans words "what the fu*k is that doin in here"..long battle no net, lost bankside...a moment i will never forget, think i was about 8yrs.....

he still lives down vicco, but does the grey nomad trip each year in winter, so get to catch up ...

got to take him up maroochy last year, for a flattie, and a little jew...on plastics, first time he ever used plastic..
    tops...
    cheers..

Last edited by DEANO68; 09-03-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Good onya gunna. He would have loved the time out with you. My dad laughs at me when he sees all my gear, and tells me his outfit is the best cause he's caught lots on it.....then he pulls out his his 1970's elvey reel and Diawa fibreglass rod...though the reel does have a star drag

Thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12