Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Go Up The Straits

Got the boat all fixed up. Me and a mate are going to have a go up the straits again this weekend. Looking at doing an overnighter. I haven't done a great deal of fishing up that way. Just wondering if anyone one has any tips on productive areas in the area. I will be launching from river heads again. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Leeroy

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi mate, there re a few salmon around river heads,some whiting and flathead just out and round the corner and down the straits. Or head over along the island to chase a few flathead
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

ungowa area always worth a look for bream,flatties jewies in the holes

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

We fished Ungowa last Sunday - marked some good fish on the side imaging - but couldn't get them to bite ........... Lots of bait down that way so it will just be time on the water

We're gunna head up the Island tomorrow - Scotto
    So Many Fish - So little time !

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering where about ungowa is. Had a bit of a look on Google earth. Its not near Walsh island is it?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

on the back side of fraser about 5 or 6 klm sth of kingfisher there is an old jetty there and a few old barges it takes you right along the back edges of fraser get anything there wghen they are on we have caught barra, sharks trevally cod but the current rips through there best about an hour either side of high or low tide i am not local so some of the locals can give you a better heads up

shane