Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What wind?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great results there Funchy.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Luke, can you spill a little detail on targetting the points? Once the tide floods over the flats Im on my way home, be interested to hear how you fish it?
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Hey Luke, can you spill a little detail on targetting the points? Once the tide floods over the flats Im on my way home, be interested to hear how you fish it?
    that first hour of the flood in has seen me have some great sessions on the flatty Bri with them moving up higher on the bar as the water moves in
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

You have been taught by the best.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    No Worries Rakey. I find (sorry, Did's told me) that flathead will lay in ambush close to the mangroves just as the bait is able to get into the mangroves on a rising tide, or is forced out of the mangroves by a dropping tide. I have also found that the points seem to hold more flattys. I assume this is because it hold more bait due to eddys, shallower water and in these cooler months that means more sun for the big girls to sunbathe in. I have screen shotted google maps down your way to show where I would target if I went down there to give you an idea of what I am talking about (Apologies if this is a green zone, I didn't check and I have never fished here). I try and chase the first of the water up onto these points as the tide rises. If you can time this with sun rise/set it is excellent (Just like low tide is good). Really you are looking for conditions in which a flathead will have the best chance to ambush bait and this is one because the bait want to get into the mangroves for protection and they have to play red rover all over to get past the flatties.

Hope that explains it. Happy for you to head up my way some time and come for a fish with me in some of Did's spots.

points.jpg

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great lesson there Luke. Same thinking goes for gutters without mangroves that dry or near dry. Have found that the flathead will follow the bait in. For bait fishermen, best bait is what you catch in a cast net at your feet. Straight on the hook and cast back in live usually gets a flathead. Mind you, I am no expert, must be 5 years since I fished for flathead.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, he's left a few things out, but that's the guts of it.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok Rakey, make corrections to the map.....

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    Ok Rakey, make corrections to the map.....
    Did I screw up?

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks to be an arrow up tripcony. Is that on the other side of the signs
    As with real estate, Fishing is all about Location Location Location

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast